1. Maybe I’m late to the party but after Jonty’s link to homicidal cats last week I’ve discovered the internet was invented by cats as part of their scheming to take over the world. For my first exhibit I present to you: Written Kitten. To support my case, exhibit two: Cat Roulette. The final piece of evidence I offer is an exhibition which you’ve probably missed as it closed this weekend: Britain’s Cat Talent.
It’s all about the cats.
2. In Tampa, Florida, an old man talks to an empty chair. At the Republican National Convention Clint Eastwood apparently asked an aide for a chair shortly before going on stage and proceeded to interrogate the empty chair as if Barack Obama was sitting before him. See for yourself how this turned out.
3. Why are you not married? If you’re a single Christian over the age of 21, it’s probably a question you’ve been asked, and I’ve had all manner of suggestions on how I might resolve this. Well, Emily Maynard has some answers over at Prodigal Magazine.
4. The Paralympics were full of incredible, inspirational stories, but this tale of hospitality when the Burkina Faso team had nowhere to go tops my list. Thanks to Ross Whittle for the link.
5. Boris might have got stuck on a zip wire during the Olympics, but Russian president Vladimir Putin soared to loftier heights when he piloted a hang glider to lead Cranes on their winter migration route.